Whether it’s changing the locks for your new home or needing an emergency lockout service for your home, business or car, you want to choose the right locksmith. Right means trustworthy, qualified, and dependable. So how do I choose the right locksmith? Here are some of the steps you can take to make sure you have the right team to work with you and serve your needs.
- WORD OF MOUTH: Ask those who you trust – family, friends, neighbors, or real estate agents – for references. Recommendations for a company don’t come unless it did a satisfactory job!
- INTERNET SEARCH: Search for local locksmith companies in your area and visit the websites of the companies, if available, and review the services they provide, hours of operation, and fees and any online specials / discounts.
- ONLINE REVIEWS: Google Reviews, Yelp, BBB, etc. Once you have identified a few locksmith companies you are interested in hiring, look them up to find out other customers’ experiences.
- Ask for the full, legal name of the business and ask the operator to confirm the address shown in the ad. Note: the company you are calling may operate a “mobile” business or runs the business from home.
- Ask for an estimate of the total cost for the service you need. Describe the job or the type of lock you to get the most accurate estimate. Confirm that it covers all fees and charges, including feed for a service call, labor, and replacement parts.
- Ask if the locksmith is insured. This is to cover your losses in case your property is damaged during a repair.
- Ask if the locksmith is licensed and/or registered.
- Ask for his/her identification, proof of insurance, and license or registration.
- A legitimate locksmith should ask you for your identification to confirm your identity to make sure you really own the property or vehicle before starting work.
- Remember the estimate you got from the phone operator? Write it down and also ask the locksmith on site to write one up before s/he starts working.
- A qualified, legitimate locksmith has the necessary tools, education, and skills to unlock almost any door. Drilling should be the last resort.
- Get a written invoice before you hand over your payment that lists labor, keys replacement parts, and all fees you’re being charged.
Satisfied with the Service You Received from the Locksmith? Make Sure to:
- Save the number for the locksmith in case there’s a next time.
- Leave a positive online review and spread the good words! Local businesses rely on good references to continue providing their excellent services.
Are you currently looking for the right locksmith? Star Locksmith provides all the locksmith needs in the Greater Philadelphia area and we are waiting for your call!
Tags: 24-HOUR LOCKSMITHS, AUTO LOCKSMITH, CHANGE LOCKS, COMMERCIAL LOCKS, DIGITAL LOCKS, EMERGENCY LOCKSMITH SERVICES, HIGH-SECURITY LOCKS, KEYS MADE, LOCK REPAIR, LOCKOUT SERVICES, MOBILE LOCKSMITH, RESIDENTIAL LOCKSMITH, SECURITY DOOR LOCKS