There are three main types of locks found in commercial or residential properties. They include:
It comes in many different variations and varying dimensions’/back sets, but the same principle generally applies.
• Slam or pull the door shut and the latch automatically locks itself. Requires a key to access the premises from outside.
• You can open the lock by pulling the lever located on the inner part of the residence.
• Mainly used on back/front entrances.
The lock is traditionally fitted into an entrance. It is also operated through the use of a long brass key that has been fitted with teeth. It tends to come in a symmetrical pattern. It is mainly preferred by insurance companies because it has been thoroughly tested against all kinds of known attacks.
This is yet another highly popular lock that can be found in many security applications and door locks. It can be found in door types such as:
• Key switches that rely on roller shutters to operate. Mainly used on business premises
• UPVC doors
• Apartment doors
• Timber multipoint door locks.
If not sure on which type of lock to have installed in your home, be sure to consult your local locksmith.
If you need your car key reprogrammed, look no further than a 24/7 locksmith. Professional auto repair locksmiths are able to reprogram or repair any car key fob that you may hand over to them. Locksmith Services Solutions.
Auto locksmiths will in many cases offer emergency roadside assistance in the event that a remote key fob has to be repaired or reprogrammed urgently. An auto locksmith can help with a remote car key or transponder car key issues such as:
• The transponder chip located inside the remote has suddenly become damaged or broken
• Provide as well as repair replacement key fobs
• Furnish you with spare transponder key fobs
• Remote car key fob has stopped working
All cars manufactured after 1995 are legally required to have in-built immobilizer systems. For this system to work, there needs to have a transponder key that has been fitted with an electronic chip installed. This means that your vehicle will only start after the ignition has received the right code. Star Locksmith Services Solutions.
Some of the popular kinds of keys that require programming on a regular basis include:
• Key cards and flip type keys
• Car keys that come with an integrated transponder chip. This applies to all cars manufactured after 1995.
• Car key accompanied by a remote fob. This is meant to provide keyless vehicle entry.
Apart from helping you regain access to your car or home, you can also rely on Philadelphia locksmith services to help you safely remove and relocate a safe. People often have different reasons for wanting to move a safe. They include:
• Disposal of a safe that is no longer needed
• A simple moving exercise to move the safe from one room in the house to another room
• Relocating it from one location or area to another
Some of the most popular types of safes that will need to be moved include:
• Gun Safes
• Fireproof safes
• Cash deposit safes
• Freestanding safes
• Underfloor safes
In addition to providing emergency services to people in need, the professionals at Star Locksmith also provide various solutions designed to enhance the security of your home with as minimal fuss as possible. They include:
Certified locksmiths can help you with any problem that you may be experiencing related to a broken or damaged car lock. It is normal for a car lock to jam up when it is damaged or worn out.
The auto locksmith will be able to help you with car lock problems such as:
• A central locking system that is no longer functional
• A car door lock that is stuck or jammed
• Faulty or broken door latches
• Broken or faulty car door lock
• Trunk or car boot replacements and repairs
• Sticky vehicle door lock
If your car lock mechanism ever becomes damaged, the local locksmith will normally be in a position to get rid of the faulty lock and replace it with a fully functional one. Locksmith Services Solutions.
When you are contemplating replacing or changing the locks in your home, bungalow, new business premises, house or apartment, then you should really consider calling a 24/7 locksmith in the Philadelphia area. The locksmith will be able to help you fit in a new lock.
If you have recently changed residences, then it may also be a good idea to consider upgrading the locks. Upgrading the locks could be a great way to comply with the requirements of your new home insurance policy. It is also an ideal method of enhancing safety as you may not be well-versed with all the people who had spare keys to the previous locks.
Some of the most common reasons given by people who are looking to replace or change their door locks include:
• Changed business premises or moved into a new apartment/flat/home and are interested in retaining key authority.
• The lock has become unreliable and is increasingly becoming very difficult to open or lock
• Your insurer requires that you upgrade your locks to enhance the safety of your residence. You could also be interested in getting peace of mind.
• You recently lost a key or there is someone who should not have a key but currently has one.
If you are ever in need of any of the services mentioned above, feel free to contact Star Locksmith in Philadelphia or call 215-488-1184 for immediate assistance.
Tags: 24-HOUR LOCKSMITHS, AUTO LOCKSMITH, CAR KEYS FOBS, CAR LOCKSMITH, CHANGE LOCKS, COMMERCIAL LOCKS, DIGITAL LOCKS, EMERGENCY LOCKSMITH SERVICES, HIGH-SECURITY LOCKS, LOCK REPAIR, LOCKOUT SERVICES, LOCKSMITH IN PHILADELPHIA, MOBILE LOCKSMITH, RESIDENTIAL LOCKSMITH, SECURITY DOOR LOCKS